Coronavirus Update: A Message To Our Clients
CSS’s mission for the last 36 years has been to protect the safety and security of your homes and businesses. Emergency preparedness has always been central to the focus of CSS and our monitoring center, and we have long prepared for all scenarios including what we are all now facing. We want to reassure you that we are singularly focused on ensuring our continuity in monitoring your life safety systems.
There is no other priority for us.
We are writing to you today, to share with you some of our on-going efforts related to the impact of COVID-19:
- Given the life-safety nature of our monitoring center, we have received special designation from all appropriate authorities that our employees have been designated as “essential employees.” Given that designation, our employees are exempt from any potential government action where the government would restrict travel in some way. In such a case, they will be permitted to travel to and from work.
- Our monitoring center employs an in-house, around the clock, team of cleaning staff working to keep our facilities safe and clean. Under normal circumstances, we disinfect building areas with a hospital-grade cleaning solution at least once a day. Out of an abundance of caution, we have now introduced multiple additional cleaning and disinfecting rounds, by our staff, throughout the day. This includes disinfecting areas throughout the facilities, including but not limited to, restrooms, common areas, workstations, and other areas in our workspaces.
- We have a multi-tiered emergency response plan that includes load balancing among our redundant monitoring centers, over-staffing during all shifts to ensure adequate coverage, and monitoring agents who have the tools to monitor your accounts from anywhere. Finally, our Stella customer engagement platform further supports these efforts.
- We have restricted all business-related travel by our employees until further notice and stopped all visitors to our New Jersey and Texas monitoring centers. We are very proud of our facilities and look forward to resuming these tours very soon.
- We have continued detailed employee education on hygiene and safety best-practices and we have an extensive protocol to protect our employees and facilities if any employee believes they may have been exposed or are feeling unwell.
- We have non-monitoring employees, in all monitoring locations, working from home to reduce the employee count in our facilities and have allowed for increased separation between monitoring agents.
- Our leadership team is holding multiple daily huddles as we continue to consult with local health officials and government contacts and follow guidance from the CDC. I am very proud of our talented monitoring center’s human resources and technology services teams who have worked tirelessly over the last few weeks to support these efforts.
Should you require in person service calls or installations, we are here for you as well. Our full time technicians, sales and office staff are available to get you the help you need for these critical life safety systems. We are self-checking temperatures multiple times daily, hand washing incessantly and avoiding groups of people as much as humanly possible, especially during our non CSS business hours. We will continue to do our absolute best, to care for your needs.
Rest assured that you can focus on the well-being of your families and loved ones, with the knowledge that the monitoring of your homes and businesses are in good hands. We appreciate and are honored by the trust that you place in our team and our company.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here for you.